Sunday, November 25, 2007

There are times when I need to share all my thoughts

My memories and dreams and all I have got

So I went out in this world in search of a friend

Who will care to listen and never pretend –

To offer pity or, false consolation

But sincere advice and necessary correction.

To seek out this gem I did everything part

For I wanted to know in the core of my heart

That there will be someone I can always call

To share in my glory, or cushion my fall.

So I searched the world over, till my zeal was quite spent

But try as I might, I could find no true friend

With a sore heart, I proceeded to write off ‘the end’,

My search has been futile, my innocence maimed.

As I dragged myself back – behold what a sight

There stood in the twilight, a face creased in delight.

With arms outstretched and tears in her voice

She calls out to her truant, now back home by choice.

I ran upto the embrace, happy in the end

For the arms that held me, were the arms of a friend.

No comments: