Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ADOLOSCENCE – THE 1ST SIN

“Good morning” and she draws the blinds

To herald the arrival of the morn

The child is dead, and I wait

To hold bck the news – a man is born.

With eyes steadfast and hands behind my head,

I hear – the ceiling fan’s monstrous groan,

Confusion, guilt and I don’t know what

Has choked the marrow of my bone.

The hand that painted the flower garden,

The hand tht helped to lift the spade,

Is it the hand that trembles now –

As I raise the razor blade?

The gall and wormwood up my throat,

The touch of steel, on the stubbled skin,

Memories, of a disturbed night –

‘Adoloscence – thy first sin.’

The voice has lost its cheer and sound,

The eyes have lost the glitter

The furtive glances at the forbidden,

There is no escape from the mirror.

No pain, as blood spurts out –

Perhaps the trickle will wash away

The stains of the first adolescent night,

Tomorrow won’t be just another day.

No comments: