Sunday, November 25, 2007

ALONE

From Childhood’s hour I hav not been

As others were, I have not seen

As others saw, I could not bring

As others could, my passions from a common spring.

From childhood’s hour, I did desire

When you danced around, I needed the fire

And when all was over and you were gone

I loved, yes, I loved alone.

From childhood’s hour, I have not slept

For want of friends, I have not wept

For want of warmth, I waited for the sun

I touched the rays, there was none.

From childhood’s hour, in an empty room

I have laughed often, when I was in gloom

And when I was away from the barriers of stone

I cried, yes, I cried. Alone.

From childhood’s hour, I’ve looked above

To see the southern flight of the dove

To see the nimbus drifting by

To hear the voice from the sky

From childhood’s hour, I’ve tried to hear

And when all was quiet, and my senses clear

I heard from far, a busy drone

And I knew, I was not alone.

No comments: